Westlake Housing LP is looking for an experienced Property Manager for a 304 unit property located in Abilene, TX.
Tax credit experience is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for staying within the established budget guidelines throughout the year.
- Ensures that all rents are collected when due, and posted in a timely manner. Makes sure that all bank deposits arc made daily and deposits are reported to the home office on a daily basis.
- Performs evictions, utility cut-offs or landlord liens as required by state law on delinquent rents.
- Maintains constant vendor/contractor communications concerning work scheduling, billings, vendor relations and certificates of insurance. - Hires, trains, motivates, supervises and assists in termination of all on-site staff in order to achieve operational goals of assigned property. - Conducts on-going training with office staff. - Ensures that lease flies are complete and that completion of leases is being executed properly. - Responsible for office opening on schedule, condition of office and model apartments. - Maintains positive customer service altitude. - Inspects periodically with residents of move-in/move-outs. - Reviews all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the move-out. - Initiates and implements policies/procedures to maintain resident communications. - Physically walks and inspects property and vacant apartments on a regular schedule.
- Updates board indicating vacancy status on a daily basis. Coordinates with maintenance and make-ready staff to ensure timely recondition of apartments after move-out.
- Monitors and schedules all maintenance activities.
- Conducts market surveys monthly and provides trend report information. Shops competition and is aware of neighborhood market conditions.
- Welcomes and shows property to prospective new residents. Also, handles incoming phone calls from prospective new residents and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Maintains awareness of market/industry conditions and trends via trade publications, professional organizations.
- Works with lease renewals/recertification as required.
About Westlake Housing, LP
Westlake Housing, LP is a nationwide Owner/Operator of affordable housing communities offering a full range of property management and consulting services. As general partner and property manager, Westlake Housing specializes in repositioning IRC Section 42, Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) properties utilizing proactive and aggressive asset and property management strategies, on behalf of our clients and their investors.