District Manager II – Responsible for overseeing the operations of a multi-family residential community. This role is responsible for the property’s financial success, supervising the performance of on-site personnel and providing a quality living experience for our residents. This position typically manages a smaller community which requires full knowledge of the property operations and the ability to handle multiple tasks. This position is responsible for effectively managing and ensuring that all on-site personnel perform quality work in a safe manner and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housing’s quality customer satisfaction standards. Essential Duties / Responsibilities (but not limited to) Operational/ Administrative:
• Responsible for the community budget and achievement of operational, financial and occupancy goals.
• Oversee, review and monitor all district accounting and financial matters (Processing of A/P, A/R, delinquencies, process PAF’s, budget approvals, collections, invoicing, etc.).
• Maintain accurate records of all community transactions and submit on timely basis (i.e., flash reports, variance and delinquency reports, move-in/move-outs, AME, write off reports, PO analytics, etc.).
• Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
• Maintain budget for community and ensures all projects, purchases and scheduling falls within budgetary guidelines.
• Oversee all Capital Expenditure projects for the community (i.e. approvals, letters, tracking, scheduling, and inspections).
• Ensure proper response, reporting and handling of all community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. are within LMH’s standard operating procedures to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity on community, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.).
• Audit and approve all lease files, move outs, transfers, etc. ensuring accuracy and entered into system.
• Ensure current resident files are properly maintained and all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis.
• Participate and oversee staff in outreach marketing activities (i.e. market surveys, shop competitors) on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
• Conduct regular property walks / inspections (grounds, common areas, parking lots, maintenance shop, community rooms, make-readies, quality control, etc.) to ensure community is well maintained according to LMH’s quality standards.
• Perform various administrative and computer tasks, email communications, input of information/data into various software and information systems (Payscan, Yardi, etc.).
• Ensure make-readies and other maintenance projects are completed accurately and timely by maintenance staff according to LMH’s quality standards.
• Contribute to a safe and secure environment, reporting potential safety hazards and adhering to all company safety policies, practices and regulations.
• Comply with all federal, state and local applicable laws, including Fair Housing, OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment, and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies. Resident Relations:
• Ensure resident concerns and requests are responded to on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction.
• Include/involve LMH management, military partners or base command (when applicable) regarding urgent or emergency issues pertaining to the community or residents.
• Work in conjunction with district staff / community services team to develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, monthly newsletters, etc.).
• Consistently ensure policies of the community are followed by residents and take appropriate / corrective action when necessary.
• Ensure timely distribution of all company or community-issued notices (i.e., bad weather, water shutoffs, project notices, emergency, etc.). Job Description 1/6/16 DM I Page 2 Lincoln Military Housing Job Description Leadership:
• Directly responsible for managing, hiring, scheduling, and developing the on-site team, including office and maintenance personnel.
• Participate, attend and/or lead in various department or regional meetings, including safety meetings, seminars, and work-related events.
• Plan weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments.
• Evaluate the efficiency of staff and provide on-going training, coaching, counseling, and supportive leadership.
• Administer action plans on a timely basis related to employee performance issues.
• Document and communicate employee situations/concerns with regional management and take appropriate action as needed.
• Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled effectively and in a timely matter (i.e., performance evaluations, performance action plans, bonus plans, time sheets, etc.).
• Ensure all employees comply with company policies and procedures, and complete required training (i.e. on-line, instructor-lead, etc.) in a timely manner.
• Ensure all work practices of team are in compliance with all OSHA safety regulations, federal, state and local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment, Fair Housing and LMH’s standards, policies and procedures. Skills/ Qualifications:
• Position requires a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the property management industry (previous supervisory experience preferred).
• Must have proven success demonstrating leadership, customer service, problem-solving, decision-making, multitasking, communication, and organizational skills.
• Ability to encourage a positive and collaborative team environment.
• Fair Housing certification – must obtain Fair Housing certification within 2 weeks of employment.
• Experience with and understanding of budgets and financial operations.
• Effective communication and interaction with management team, military partners, subordinates, vendors or residents, sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and delegate duties to ensure operational objectives are achieved.
• Possess a positive and professional demeanor in all business interactions, under all circumstances.
• Proficiency and working knowledge of personal computers: keyboard, internet search, email correspondence, math, Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and other software applications preferred (i.e. Yardi, Payscan).
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle (valid license required).
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends, off-hours and emergencies as required.
• Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
• Position may require climbing stairs and ladders as well as walking and standing for long periods of time.
• The position requires mobility within the office; use of a computer and other office machinery such as a scanner and copy machine.
• Must be able to deal with a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment, including handling multiple tasks on a daily basis.
• May require use of personal or company vehicle, or electrical cart.
• Must be able to fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.
Internal Number: Mugu
About Lincoln Military Housing
Lincoln Property Company was founded in 1965 as a developer and manager of high-quality residential communities. Their national reputation for successful management of their own properties quickly attracted a large client base of owners and investors who recognized the value that they could provide in development, property management and real estate consulting services, so they added third party management to their lines of service.
Lincoln Military Housing (LMH) was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. The mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's servicemen and women. Since its inception almost 15 years ago, Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Lincoln Military Housing not only provides professional property management and 24-hour maintenance services, the company prides itself in providing community building activities free to all residents. Lincoln Military Housing is available for members of the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines as well as Coast Guard and National Guard.
In making applicati...on for employment, you authorize LMH to make an investigation of your employment and personal history including conducting personal and employment-related references with former employers, neighbors, friends or others with whom you are acquainted. You understand that any subsequent offer of employment will be contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a more extensive background check occurring post offer. If you are extended an offer of employment, you must authorize LMH to conduct such further investigation including, but not limited to, a post-offer drug screen, a criminal background and credit check through investigative and/or credit agencies or bureaus of LMH's's choice.