Responsible for planning, creating, coordinating, and hosting events and programs for residents that build connections within their community, create memories for the family, and provides rewarding experiences and opportunities. This position is responsible for effectively producing high quality and well planned events and managing all aspects of the event planning process. This role requires strong organizational skills, self-starter with high energy, ability to travel to various locations within the region and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housing’s customer satisfaction standards.
Event Planning- develop and coordinate all phases of the event planning process (research, design, planning, coordination, and evaluation) with delivering quality and creative events that follow the CS SOP, Company Mission and Core Values in both an independent and group environment.
- Event Management – ability to manage and execute multiple events simultaneously. This includes but not limited to timelines, production schedules, risk assessment, creative design, vendor/venue management, event team coordination, and logistics management.
- Event Production Coordination – responsible for executing on and off site events including but not limited to event team coordination, event set-up, day of hosting, event and risk brief, managing logistics throughout the event, and event tear down.
- Budgets and Contracts - oversee, review, and process assigned accounting and financial matters based on assigned event budgets. (i.e. processing invoices in Payscan, MEC’s/IEC’s, PAF’s, PO’s, requesting quotes from vendors).
- District Support- support District Teams within the event planning process to ensure the success of the event experience and entire planning process.
- Marketing Coordination- develop, design, and create effective and comprehensive marketing plans and materials to market events and programs (i.e. flyers, website content, social media content, newsletters, banners, posters, email, event photography, event registration management).
- Partnership Coordination- collaborate with like-minded military organizations, agencies and businesses on partnership and/or sponsorship opportunities to meet the needs of the residents through programing, events and other resident events.
- Record Keeping- maintaining accurate event folders and records both online and in paper form and submit required items by deadlines (i.e. event recaps, attendance stats, evaluations, event photos).
- Administrative Duties - performs various administrative and computer tasks (i.e. phones, filing, email communications, input of information/data into various software and information systems).
- Department Support – support through special projects, team members, and collateral duties as assigned.
- Participate in and attend various department or regional meetings, seminars, industry trainings, and other work-related functions.
- Complies with all OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environmental, Fair Housing and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
Position requires event planning experience; experience with recreation, hospitality, marketing, communication or related field with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience preferred.
- Solid computer skills required. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, a website Content Management System (preferred), Google applications including GMAIL, social media platforms, and graphic software (Adobe, Publisher, Photoshop, and InDesign preferred).
- Effective written and verbal communication and interaction skills with internal/external customers to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
- Excellent project planning organization and strategic planning skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effective time management, ability to balance multiple tasks and projects, prioritize and complete assigned duties to ensure operational and event objectives and goals are achieved.
- Must possess a positive and professional demeanor in all interactions, under all circumstances. High degree of flexibility, reliability, and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to be self-reliable and take initiative and ownership with assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle (valid license required).
- Must be available to work a varied and flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
-Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- The position requires mobility within the office and the ability to operate a computer, phone and other office machinery.
- Position requires bending and lifting. May require climbing stairs, moving of boxes/bins, walking, loading and unloading vehicles, pushing/pulling of carts, and standing for long periods at a time.
- Must be able to deal with a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment, including handling multiple tasks on a daily basis.
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work indoor and outdoor in all weather conditions.
- Position requires use of personal/company vehicle, ability to travel to multiple locations, must have valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
- Must be able to fulfil the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees.
Internal Number: China Lake
About Lincoln Military Housing
Lincoln Property Company was founded in 1965 as a developer and manager of high-quality residential communities. Their national reputation for successful management of their own properties quickly attracted a large client base of owners and investors who recognized the value that they could provide in development, property management and real estate consulting services, so they added third party management to their lines of service.
Lincoln Military Housing (LMH) was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. The mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's servicemen and women. Since its inception almost 15 years ago, Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Lincoln Military Housing not only provides professional property management and 24-hour maintenance services, the company prides itself in providing community building activities free to all residents. Lincoln Military Housing is available for members of the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines as well as Coast Guard and National Guard.
In making applicati...on for employment, you authorize LMH to make an investigation of your employment and personal history including conducting personal and employment-related references with former employers, neighbors, friends or others with whom you are acquainted. You understand that any subsequent offer of employment will be contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a more extensive background check occurring post offer. If you are extended an offer of employment, you must authorize LMH to conduct such further investigation including, but not limited to, a post-offer drug screen, a criminal background and credit check through investigative and/or credit agencies or bureaus of LMH's's choice.