Customer Service and Support, Real Estate/Property Management, Site Personnel - Maintenance
Service Manager – Responsible for managing the lifecycle of the resident move in / out process of a multi-family residential community. This role includes heavy customer service interaction, ability to effectively schedule maintenance work, including the work of vendors and contractors and ensuring all service requests and work orders are completed in a timely manner. This role includes supervising and training other staff members. This role requires the ability to work efficiently as well as being able to effectively communicate and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service according to Lincoln Military Housing’s quality service and customer satisfaction standards.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities (but not limited to)
• Responsible for scheduling and conducting home inspections as it relates to the move in/out process, including pre-move in, move out, and final inspections.
• Responsible for the ordering and scheduling of vendor services.
• Coordinates maintenance staff and vendor schedules to align with move in deadlines.
• Maintains and monitors the make-ready boards to ensure work is accurately distributed and meets completion time lines.
• Provides residents with any charges related to move out/final inspection results.
• Works in conjunction with maintenance team to ensure service requests are assigned and scheduled appropriately and completed in a timely manner.
• Trains and supervises other staff members regarding inspections and other service related tasks.
• Creates purchase orders for all vendor maintenance services and products (i.e. paint, flooring, etc.).
• Generates work orders for make-readies and other maintenance service requests.
• Closes out work orders / tickets once work is completed.
• Monitors and updates Maintenance Dashboard – reviews all open orders, turns, addresses “red flag” orders open more than 7 days.
• Schedules and monitors water intrusion which includes communicating to residents, follow up and 3 day notices.
• Responsible for resident follow up to ensure services rendered have been completed according to LMH standards and meet resident’s satisfaction.
• Participates in outreach marketing activities (i.e. market surveys, shop competitors) on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
• Address and follow up on customer service concerns from Satisfacts survey.
• Provides constant vendor/contractor communications, including ordering of services, products, scheduling and addressing any concerns.
• Promotes positive resident relations by ensuring resident concerns and requests are responded to on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction.
• Maintains various reports, systems or logs (Keytrak, pest control, vendor/product logs, etc.).
• Performs other general office duties (i.e. phones, filing, special projects and assignments, as needed).
• Performs various administrative and computer tasks, email communications, input of information/data into various software and information systems (Payscan, Yardi, and other company-related systems).
• Composing and distributing of correspondence / notices (3 day, move out charges, water intrusion, other important resident notices that pertain to maintenance services, etc.).
• Participates in property walks / inspections (grounds, common areas, parking lots, community rooms, make-readies, quality control, etc.) to ensure community is well maintained according to LMH’s quality standards.
• Participates in and attend various department or regional meetings, resident or community events, seminars, and other work-related events.
• Complies with all federal, state and local applicable laws, including Fair Housing, OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment, and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
• Position requires 2 or more years’ experience in residential property management or role with extensive customer service.
• Prior experience with supervising one or more staff members preferred.
• Prior work with vendors or ordering services (appliances, plumbing, electrical) preferred.
• Proficiency and working knowledge of personal computers, keyboard, internet search, email correspondence, math, Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and other software applications preferred (i.e. Yardi, Payscan).
• Effective communication and interaction with customers, vendors, management, co-workers, sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, prioritize and complete assigned duties to ensure operational objectives are achieved.
• Must possess a positive and professional demeanor in all interactions, under all circumstances.
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle (valid license required).
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, off-hours and emergencies as required.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
• The position requires mobility within the office and the ability to operate a computer, phone and other office machinery such as a scanner and copy machine.
• Position may require climbing stairs and ladders as well as walking and standing for long periods of time.
• Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
• Must be able to deal with a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment, including handling multiple tasks on a daily basis.
• May require use of personal/company vehicle, or electrical cart.
• Must be able to fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.
Internal Number: 2502B
About Lincoln Military Housing
Lincoln Property Company was founded in 1965 as a developer and manager of high-quality residential communities. Their national reputation for successful management of their own properties quickly attracted a large client base of owners and investors who recognized the value that they could provide in development, property management and real estate consulting services, so they added third party management to their lines of service.
Lincoln Military Housing (LMH) was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. The mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's servicemen and women. Since its inception almost 15 years ago, Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Lincoln Military Housing not only provides professional property management and 24-hour maintenance services, the company prides itself in providing community building activities free to all residents. Lincoln Military Housing is available for members of the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marines as well as Coast Guard and National Guard.
In making applicati...on for employment, you authorize LMH to make an investigation of your employment and personal history including conducting personal and employment-related references with former employers, neighbors, friends or others with whom you are acquainted. You understand that any subsequent offer of employment will be contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a more extensive background check occurring post offer. If you are extended an offer of employment, you must authorize LMH to conduct such further investigation including, but not limited to, a post-offer drug screen, a criminal background and credit check through investigative and/or credit agencies or bureaus of LMH's's choice.