The Regional Maintenance Manager (RMM) is responsible for mentoring and training on-site service team members as well as ensuring compliance to company policies for maintenance. Additionally, the RMM will meet with and present various recommendations to owners and senior leadership, assist in developing scopes of work, managing vendor (supplier) relations, and analyzing properties with respect to capital needs, budgeting and maintenance.
Conducts annual maintenance inspections to company standards as necessary, completing the process by ensuring that all steps of the inspection for himself and the District Maintenance Manager (DMM), where applicable, are complete and reported to leadership.
* Track the annual Elevated Surface Inspection conducted by the site teams, completing the process by ensuring that all steps of the inspection are complete and reported to leadership.
* Lead on-site maintenance staff in the diagnosis of problems and repairs related to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, swimming pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structure, and appliances. Schedule preventive and floating maintenance, if applicable.
* Schedule and conduct training workshops and classes, including tracking the registration process through final close-out of all classes in the current Learning Management System (LMS). Assign and work with DMM, where applicable, to conduct and track classes.
* Assist the Regional Property Manager (RPM) with the annual budget process providing subject matter expertise for maintenance-related items.
* Evaluate suppliers and their services on an annual basis based on quality, customer service and pricing.
* Assist in the interview process for Service Supervisors to help assess the candidate's technical qualifications and cultural fit within the organization's maintenance team. Provide a post-interview written report on the Candidate's qualification for the position to the hiring manager.
* Supports community and the RPM with associate training, coaching and discipline.
* Perform other tasks as directed.
* Each RMM should be an EPA 608 proctor.
* Each RMM should be NSPF certified Instructor or complete within one year.
* Each RMM should have completed CAMT designation or complete within one year of hire date.
* Each RMM should be working toward completing NAAEI Advanced Facilitators Training. Organizational Responsibilities:
* Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
* Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
* Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity.
* Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate method(s) to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
* Incumbents work in an outdoor environment with regular exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
* Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the property and amenities.
* Incumbents must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to seventy-five (75) pounds independently and two hundred (200) pounds with assistance.
* Incumbents perform regular activities requiring stooping, bending, and lifting where back support belts, gloves, and other protective or supportive clothing may be necessary.
* Routine travel may be required within and outside of assigned geographic area to attend training programs and other business meeting, perform due diligence or site inspections, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
* Current driver's license and automobile insurance
* Other license and/or certifications as required by state law
* Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification preferred
* EPA 608 Proctor * NSPF certified instructor
* NAAEI certified facilitator
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal, financial, and human resources documents, to create and make presentations to senior managers and staff.
* Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to complete required reports and employment documents.
* Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
* Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to lead, direct, evaluate, and mentor subordinate and peer employee staff.
* Demonstrated sensory capability to detect odors and hear sounds necessary to detect, diagnose, and repair machinery.
* Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and/or HVAC maintenance and repair techniques.
* Licenses and/or certifications for HVAC, mold, asbestos removal, pool operation, electrician, construction, etc. may be required, based on the assigned portfolio of properties, but preferred for any geographic assignment.
* High school diploma or equivalent is required, college degree preferred.
* Minimum of five years previous experience in property management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade is required.
Internal Number: R0021583?clientRequestID=14ce5
National Platform with Local ExpertiseGreystar, founded in 1993, provides world-class service in the multifamily real estate business. Our innovative business model integrates the management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry on both national and local levels. This unique approach and our commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals have resulted in record growth, making us one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies in the country.Because our business model includes both investment and service-oriented businesses, we’re able to maintain a constant presence in local markets and create value in all phases of the real estate cycle. Our national platform provides economies of scale, financial sophistication, institutional quality reporting and tremendous capital relationships, while our city offices provide local market expertise and execution.Our dedication to redefining excellence in apartment living means we’re constantly exploring innovative ideas and pioneering new ways to serve our residents and clients. The Greystar team is more than 5,300 team members strong and growing. Check out the latest opportunities.