Superintendent- Satellite Place (Wood Frame Garden Style)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: R0063857
Ensures the on-time and on-budget completion of assigned construction and new development projects by managing the construction, manpower, financial, and safety, and reporting activities associated with the projects.
* Coordinates the execution of the activities associated with development and new construction projects by reviewing blueprints and specifications, inspecting work and overseeing contractors to ensure specifications and safety measures are met, and troubleshooting and resolving issues to ensure an on-time and on-budget completion of work.
* Monitors and manages the project budget by reviewing, reconciling, and approving vendor and contractor invoices, reviewing and analyzing financial statements and spending, reporting financial resource needs and issues, and complying with the Company's policies and procedures related to budgeting.
* Develops, executes, and manages the project timetable and completion schedule by prioritizing tasks, accounting for anticipated and unanticipated delays due to weather or changes to specifications and plans, and makes recommendations to resolve delay issues.
* Supervises and oversees work performed at the construction site by monitoring contractors and manpower, inspecting completed work for compliance with safety standards and plan specifications, adjusting staffing levels as needed to stay on schedule and within budget, and addressing and resolving issues that impede progress.
* Provides regular updates on the progress of construction projects to key business leaders, equity partners, and other contacts affiliated with the projects by preparing routine reports and other communications, and responds to requests for information, concerns, or questions about specific aspects of assigned projects in a timely fashion.
* Assists in assembling the onsite construction team by selecting and assigning team members, engaging contractors and sub-contractors, and by managing their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices.
* Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
* Minimum 5 years of experience working on similar ground up construction projects with exposure to initial construction through delivery.
* Minimum 3 years of experience managing a team and subcontractors.
* Strong, time management, leadership and decision-making skills.
* Ability to be highly organized, in day-to-day and long-term planning and execution, and to track and maintain complex schedules effectively.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively delegate and negotiate.
* Proven track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with team members, subcontractors and owners in order to foster an exceptional culture at the jobsite.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
National Platform with Local ExpertiseGreystar, founded in 1993, provides world-class service in the multifamily real estate business. Our innovative business model integrates the management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry on both national and local levels. This unique approach and our commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals have resulted in record growth, making us one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies in the country.Because our business model includes both investment and service-oriented businesses, we’re able to maintain a constant presence in local markets and create value in all phases of the real estate cycle. Our national platform provides economies of scale, financial sophistication, institutional quality reporting and tremendous capital relationships, while our city offices provide local market expertise and execution.Our dedication to redefining excellence in apartment living means we’re constantly exploring innovative ideas and pioneering new ways to serve our residents and clients. The Greystar team is more than 5,300 team members strong and growing. Check out the latest opportunities.