Supports the Assistant Project Manager, Project Manager and Superintendent with the planning and execution of construction projects. Project Engineers will be responsible for participating in many facets of the construction process such as maintaining schedules and budgets, general construction management and punch lists.
Essential Responsibilities: * Builds relationships and develops communication and interpersonal skills with subcontractors and project team members. * Assists project team in management of overall site, subcontractors and inspection of completed work. Troubleshoots and resolves issues that may affect the construction schedule, and appropriately surfaces concerns to business leaders when required.
* Participates in activities such as punch lists, city inspections, safety reviews, quality reviews and prepares the necessary documentation.
* Project controls management, including requests for information, submittals, document management, change management and quality control.
* Reviews and recommends change orders, solicits prices from subcontractors and suppliers, and ensures the budgets are amended as needed to reflect the changes to the project specifications.
* Responsible for proactive administration of reviewing and processing all submittal data and drawings to ensure project schedules are expedited and materials are delivered on time.
* Assists the preconstruction team in performing quantity take offs, developing bid packages, soliciting bids and preparing estimates. * Supports the development and updating of the project schedule and subcontractor detail schedules. * Assists project management by proactively managing the project budget and expenses.
* Attends and participates in Owner, Architect and Contractor (OAC) meetings and assists the Project Manager in the preparation of progress reports and meeting minutes.
* Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary. Qualifications: * Internship or field experience in construction.
* Strong organizational, time-management and project management skills in order to effectively track, report and manage multiple projects and priorities where meeting deadlines is critical.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment with a wide variety of people, including owners, architects, subcontractors and business leaders.
* Critical thinker and self-starter capable of accomplishing a task with limited guidance and supervision.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
National Platform with Local ExpertiseGreystar, founded in 1993, provides world-class service in the multifamily real estate business. Our innovative business model integrates the management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry on both national and local levels. This unique approach and our commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals have resulted in record growth, making us one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies in the country.Because our business model includes both investment and service-oriented businesses, we’re able to maintain a constant presence in local markets and create value in all phases of the real estate cycle. Our national platform provides economies of scale, financial sophistication, institutional quality reporting and tremendous capital relationships, while our city offices provide local market expertise and execution.Our dedication to redefining excellence in apartment living means we’re constantly exploring innovative ideas and pioneering new ways to serve our residents and clients. The Greystar team is more than 5,300 team members strong and growing. Check out the latest opportunities.