The Business Analyst will work closely with stakeholders, customer experience, and product management to identify and document business problems and will lead efforts to gather business, functional, and non-functional requirements in the form of features and/or user stories. This role is a vital link between the scrum teams and business counterparts and will work in close partnership with the team's scrum master and product owner to refine and prioritize the scrum team's backlog.
1. Liaise between the application development (scrum team), product owners, and customers (internal and/or external).
2. Act as an information source and authority on business for the team, especially in the absence of the Product Owner.
3. Convert roadmap features into smaller user stories.
4. Write clear and well-structured business requirements/documents.
5. Produce workflow diagrams, data mapping documents, and other relevant supporting documentation.
6. Communicate and validate requirements with relevant stakeholders.
7. Collaborate with product owner on roadmap planning and prioritization.
8. Identify specific business opportunities.
9. Test business processes and recommend improvements.
10. Identify automation opportunities.
11. Perform user acceptance testing.
12. Develop applicable user documentation in support of training.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
3+ years prior Business Analyst experience
Great analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
Strong management and organizational skills
Adaptable and capable of working in fast-paced environment
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to prepare and explain data to team members
Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to complete required reports
College degree in business analysis, business administration, computer science, or related field and/or equivalent work experience
Basic knowledge of SQL queries is preferred
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
National Platform with Local ExpertiseGreystar, founded in 1993, provides world-class service in the multifamily real estate business. Our innovative business model integrates the management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry on both national and local levels. This unique approach and our commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals have resulted in record growth, making us one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies in the country.Because our business model includes both investment and service-oriented businesses, we’re able to maintain a constant presence in local markets and create value in all phases of the real estate cycle. Our national platform provides economies of scale, financial sophistication, institutional quality reporting and tremendous capital relationships, while our city offices provide local market expertise and execution.Our dedication to redefining excellence in apartment living means we’re constantly exploring innovative ideas and pioneering new ways to serve our residents and clients. The Greystar team is more than 5,300 team members strong and growing. Check out the latest opportunities.