Custodian - Recycling Technician - 3rd Shift
Job Description Summary
The incumbent is responsible for transporting, separating, and baling recyclable materials such as wood, plastic, cardboard, and trash. The individual must operate tugger, forklift, and baling/compacting equipment. The employee will also be responsible for cleaning the immediate work area and occasionally cleaning other areas of the plant
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area, including closets and cabinets
- Transport recyclable materials from disposal areas to recycling area
- Wears personal protective equipment as required by site guidelines
- Respond to customer calls using radio equipment
- Must be able to operate heavy mobile equipment such forklift, tugger,
- Must be able to operate industrial equipment such as compactors and balers
- A valid driver's license is required to obtain a Customer Mobile Equipment License
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must maintain positive customer and employee relationships
- Perform assigned tasks in a safe, effective, and efficient manner
- Performs daily and periodic tasks in assigned areas such as cleaning, power washing, sweeping, etc.
- Accurate and timely administrative duties to include Time off request forms (turned into manager for signature)
- Respond to customer calls for additional recyclable pick ups
- Will be required to perform cleaning duties in other areas of the plant such as restrooms, floors, office areas, etc.
- Must be able to take direction, to work with minimal supervision, and to function cooperatively as part of a team
WORKING CONDITIONS and/or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and finger dexterity. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific abilities required by this job include, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.