Facilities Maintenance Technician
Job Description Summary
Will perform preventative maintenance, repairs and efficient operation of all mechanical systems and other tasks that may be assigned in the most efficient and workmanlike manner commensurate with his/her training and capabilities in the best interest of C&W Services to serve its customers. Responsible for maintaining the quality and quantity of his/her work up to acceptable Company standards and in accordance with established policies. Responsible for representing C&W Services to the customer and the general public in a manner that promotes good relationships.
- Reports to C&W Services Site Lead.
- Responsible to tradesperson when assigned to him/her for specific work.
- Cooperate with and assist others in a common effort to promote good will and company growth.
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Site Lead or client Facility Manager.
- Start up and secure equipment as requested by his/her Site Lead.
- Perform corrective maintenance and repair of plumbing, basic carpentry, specialty items such as doors, locks, door closures, furniture or whatever general maintenance work is required.
- Respond to trouble calls and work requests as required.
- Work as a second man with any tradesperson
- Perform preventive maintenance work in its entirety, including repairing and maintaining the necessary electronic records consistent with the CMMS in the building
- Train or familiarize with the building any employees assigned to him/her.
- Repair or make recommendations to Site Lead on any defective equipment in his/her area of responsibility.
- Keep accurate time/hours via CMMS work orders
- Assist in all energy conservation projects.
- Make periodic building rounds to check all HVAC equipment and keep accurate log sheets.
- Maintain CMMS work orders for work done, materials used, and hours spent.
- Clear work stations on a regular basis.
- Assure high work standard as a C&W Services representative.
- Safety Duties: Ensure safe working conditions are being maintained in areas under his/her care. Report safety violations to supervisor.
- Maintain flexibility. While the schedule is routinely day shift, there is an occasional need to alter a schedule to complete tasks safely and efficiently.
- This position rotates through an on-call schedule with other technicians.
- Minimum five years direct experience in commercial office building operations and maintenance.
- High school diploma or equivalent with technical school certification.
- Strong practical knowledge of commercial HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems and equipment.
- Ability to perform basic general maintenance, i.e. light carpentry, painting, minor electrical, locksmithing
- Proven ability to read, interpret and work from blue prints, schematics, diagrams, etc.
- Proven knowledge of current issues relating to building operations and maintenance, including CFC, IAQ, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.