Job Description Summary
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 3:30pm
Day Porter at Woodman Park Elementary School reporting to C&W Services Assistant Facilities Manager. Responsible for maintaining day to day operations while assisting teachers and school principal.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Open building for business, disarm security system, turn on lights
- Maintain corridors with daily sweeping & auto-scrubbing
- Check restrooms for cleanliness and supplies, pick up loose trash, maintain neat trash receptacles by compacting or removing to dumpster
- Perform routine cleaning of walls, windows, frames, and door glass throughout building
- Perform routine dusting of vents, lights, ledges and sills throughout building
- Maintain clean entrances inside and out by sweeping sand and debris away from building
- Assist in cafeteria operations, setting up tables, trash removal, etc. , and perform cleanup after lunch. Clean kitchen areas
- Clean up 'sick calls' as directed by staff members
- Maintain paper supply in copy room
- Receive deliveries, store/distribute as directed
- Clean & disinfect drinking fountains, sinks and toilets in assigned areas
- Check & change light bulbs as needed
- Assist with the moving of furniture and equipment
- Perform snow removal & sanding near building entrances and other assigned areas
- Perform other duties as requested by the school principal and/or custodial manager
- Maintain a respectful attitude in the company of fellow employees, school staff, and students
- Perform various tasks during summer cleaning such as furniture washing, floor stripping, waxing, etc.
- Other duties as needed
- Must be able to take direction, work with minimal supervision, and function cooperatively as part of a team
- Candidates must be able to successfully pass a background check and drug testing
- May require lifting of up to 50lbs.
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.