Senior Project Manager, Life Sciences
Job Description Summary
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for overseeing project implementation and execution through completion of construction. Will assist PDS Market Lead and Senior Leadership in the establishment and refinement of best practices of standards and excellence, while informing the Manager and/or Market Lead of all project, internal and client issues affecting the perception and reputation of Cushman & Wakefield.
* Contributes to the strategy development with Directors and executes within business unit.
* Organizes people and resources along with operating within office or department.
* Implements plans while providing construction cost and benefit analysis as required.
* Oversee project implementation and execution through completion of construction.
* Financial management of project: establish and manage project budgets, maintain monthly forecasts and cash flow analysis, prepare anticipated cost reports and any other reports as required by the client.
* Develop a detailed project budget based on historical and market data and clearly defined set of budget assumptions.
* Develop and maintain the Master Project Schedule; actively track each aspect of the project performance against schedules and critical path.
* Prepare various RFQ's and/or RFP's needed for vendor and contractor services for the complete project.
* Guide the client and team through the design implementation process along with short to medium term planning.
* Facilitate a project kick-off meeting with internal staff, design team, client and key stakeholders to ensure responsibilities are communicated and understood by all involved/concerned with the project.
* Management of due diligence, programming, design, entitlements, bidding, permitting, procurement, design team selection, budget, schedule creation/management, contractor selection, vendor selection, sustainability and post construction services.
* Oversee capital improvement programs with development, design and construction processes at multiple sites through local/account-based resources.
* Negotiate contracts and performance management with selected contracted vendors, consultants, etc.
* Extensive interface with client staff, property managers and vendors.
* Demonstrate proficiency in the use and application of all PDS technology as required for assigned projects.
* Inform Manager and/or Market Lead of all project, internal and client issues affecting the perception and reputation of Cushman & Wakefield.
* Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.) to Manager and/or Market Lead.
* Assist PDS senior leadership and Market Lead in the establishment and refinement of best practices of standards and excellence.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration or related field.
- 10 or more years of related experience in entitlements, CEQA process and city planning engagements.
- Advanced project management skills with demonstrated understanding of project management business. Ability to support and/or lead business development initiatives as assigned or requested. History in client relations, client management, contract negotiations, and consulting skills. Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate analyzed data to client and project team to achieve project goals. Strong working knowledge of architectural/engineering drawings and construction concepts. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
$120,000-$165,000 Base Salary, 15% Bonus
Cushman & Wakefield also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health, vision, and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life, and disability insurance programs, and paid and unpaid time away from work. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, Cushman and Wakefield provide eligible employees with competitive pay, which may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, total hours worked, job type, business line, and applicability of collective bargaining agreements.The compensation that will be offered to the successful candidate will depend on factors such as whether the position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement, the geographic area in which the work will be performed, market pay rates in that area, and the candidate's experience and qualifications.The company will not pay less than minimum wage for this role.Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.