Job Description Summary
The Maintenance Technician provides support, and is accountable for delivering on our commitments to our
residents. This includes quality move-ins, residential satisfaction, expedited service, and personal attention to
the resident. The Maintenance Technician responds to our resident's service needs and is instrumental in
helping Pinnacle deliver superior customer service to our residents.
* Prepares Market Ready apartments, which may include painting, carpet repairs, cleaning, general repairs, housekeeping duties, and any necessary duties to provide our residents with that quality move in experience.
* Responds to resident requests in a timely manner and with a professional attitude.
* Has knowledge of maintenance functions such as plumbing, HVAC, basic electric, general carpentry skills, painting, and snow removal (if applicable).
* Maintains grounds, pools/ hot tubs, common areas, and dog park amenities to keep clean, operational, and safe for our residents.
* On call scheduling may be required to respond to after hour emergencies.
* Reports any maintenance concerns on vacant units, models, and common areas, to the Maintenance Supervisor.
* Performs maintenance as scheduled by the Maintenance supervisor.
* Knowledgeable of state, local, and federal fair housing laws.
* Attends and participates in training programs as required by Pinnacle.
* Performs duties as assigned, in a timely manner.
* Delivers superior customer service and represents the company in a professional manner at all times.
* Dresses per Pinnacle appearance standards.
* Maintains and safeguards all company tools and equipment.
* Achieves high productivity through reliable and punctual on-site attendance, and timely reports any tardiness and/or attendance issues to immediate supervisor.
* Perform any other related duties as required or assigned. SKILLS AND ABILITY:
* Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to utilize common sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of a routine nature.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 1-3 years in an upscale customer service/concierge setting preferred
* Existing knowledge of neighborhood and community preferred
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Valid Driver's license
* EPA 608 - Minimum Type II
* CPO or local city required certificate SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time, moderate standing, reaching, walking, stooping, and lifting, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision * Ability to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
WORKING CONDITIONS: While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, outdoor weather conditions; frequently exposed to work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles; and occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: It is recommended that the Maintenance Assistant possess the following tools: * Assorted screwdrivers - Phillips & Flat: Small & Large * Razor Knife * Pliers 6"-8" * Saw-hacksaw and wood saw * Adjustable wrench * Needle nose pliers * Assorted Nut Drivers * Wire cutters * Socket sets * Wire strippers/crimpers * Allen wrenches * Flash light * Electric Multi-Meter * 6" and 24" levels * Manifold gauge set * Tape measure * Claw Hammer * Wood chisel * Cordless drill * Keyhole saw
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.