Job Description Summary
The Industrial Cleaner performs a variety of industrial cleaning functions to include but not limited to sanitation and cleaning of assigned work areas following a master cleaning schedule and procedures.
- Team member must be able to work in a team oriented and safety conscious environment. "Safety First" expectations include, but are not limited to, PJHA process, Observation process, and compliance with all company / site safety guidelines and procedures.
- Assigned tasks list to include, but not limited to, sanitation and cleaning of assigned areas following master cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Sanitation and cleaning consists of washing down, shoveling, de-junking, vacuuming, and sweeping.
- Assist in formulating sanitation standards / work procedures while performing those duties and provide work order feedback on discrepancies noted in service delivery.
- Must have working knowledge and be able to operate the following: skid steer loaders, scissors lifts, boom lifts, fork lifts, and hand / power tools.
- "Effectively" communicate with team lead, supervisor and customer to accomplish assigned tasks and develop sound customer relations.
- Maintain adherence to the published work schedule and be available to work overtime as required by demands of the job.
- Work from elevated areas such as ladders, platforms, scaffolding, etc. utilizing fall protection equipment when required by the job
- Maintain communication with supervisor regarding unresolved work issues, personnel issues, and employee complaints.
- Work all shifts including holidays and weekends when demanded by the job.
- Perform other work as defined by company and/or customer.
- CC- Caustic Cleaners clean process screens with a concentrated solution daily
- OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / DUTIES:
- Ensures compliance with all company / customer regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Achieve performance expectations set forth as part of performance appraisals to include employee development planning.
- Communications with all team members to assist the development of short and long range planning in assistance of the company's goals.
- Meet physical requirements of the job. Physical requirements of the job will be provided to you prior to employment.
- Perform assigned tasks in a safety, effective, and efficient manner.
- Accurate and timely administrative duties to include, but not limited to, time accounting and work order completion.
- Must maintain positive customer and employee relations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, work from elevated areas, and wear a respirator when required by the job. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate hand tools and industrial machinery such as a truck or fork-lift. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold, wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.