Workplace Concierge- Brisbane
Job Description Summary
As a Workplace concierge, you will deliver an exceptional resident and visitor experiences in every interaction, whilst delivering a range of on-site workplace services. With a focus on anticipating needs, listening to the resident and visitors, and making every interaction simple, effective, and quick.
This role would suit your wide range of previous experience within customer service- retail or hospitality!
About the Role
- Meet and greet visitors proactively in a timely manner
- Manage reception services to ensure a positive customer experience
- Announce arrival of guests
- Responsible for leading and delivering workplace services ensuring consistently high levels of customer service satisfaction and strategic delivery of operational requirements.
- Accountable for workplace operations
- Liaise with cleaning contractors to ensure kitchen areas, meeting rooms, and the Wellness centre, etc. are clean and are being used for the correct purpose
- Complete daily walkthrough of workspace, reporting any maintenance and cleaning issues
- Ensure locker and parking data integrity is maintained
- Meeting and event coordination - Work with contractors e.g., security, cleaning and catering to meet event requirements
- Develop operational standards, playbooks, operating manuals, and processes for all aspects of the workplace
- Strong reception or hospitality / customer service background
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Minimum completion of Higher School Certificate
Why join Cushman & Wakefield?
As one of the leading global real estate services firms transforming the way people work, shop and live working at Cushman & Wakefield means you will benefit from.
- Being part of a growing global company.
- Career development opportunities plus unlimited access to one of the world's largest online learning libraries LinkedIn learning.
- A truly diverse and inclusive workplace.
- A Supportive and flexible environment.
- A promote from within culture with opportunity to develop and grow.
At the very heart of Cushman & Wakefield lies an unrelenting commitment to creating an inclusive culture that benefits employees and creates a positive community impact. We are passionate about championing industry change and celebrating the diversity of our people, our business and our clients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
The health and safety of our team members is of top priority, therefore, all Cushman & Wakefield controlled Workplaces require staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with limited exceptions.
We are taking our end of year break for the festive season between 22nd Dec and 9th of Jan and will respond to your application on our return. Please apply using the link.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cushman & Wakefield encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates to apply. Cushman & Wakefield promotes safety at all times.