Maintenance Assistant, Multifamily
Job Description Summary
The Maintenance Assistant provides support and is accountable for delivering on our commitments to our residents. This includes quality move-ins, residential satisfaction, expedited service, and personal attention to the resident.
The Maintenance Assistant responds to our resident's service needs and is instrumental in helping Cushman and Wakefield deliver superior customer service to our residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Prepares Market Ready apartments, which may include painting, carpet repairs, cleaning, general repairs, housekeeping duties, and any necessary duties to provide our residents with that quality move in experience.
- Responds to resident requests in a timely manner and with a professional attitude.
- Has knowledge of maintenance functions such as plumbing, HVAC, basic electric, general carpentry skills, painting, and snow removal (if applicable).
- Maintains grounds, pools/ hot tubs, common areas, and dog park amenities to keep clean, operational, and safe for our residents.
- Reports any maintenance concerns on vacant units, models, and common areas, to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Performs maintenance as scheduled by the Maintenance supervisor.
- Knowledgeable of state, local, and federal fair housing laws.
- Attends and participates in training programs as required by Cushman & Wakefield.
- Performs duties as assigned, in a timely manner.
- Delivers superior customer service and represents the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Dresses per Cushman and Wakefield appearance standards.
- Maintains and safeguards all company tools and equipment.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Ability to read policy manuals, safety rules, operating, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to utilize common sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral or diagrammed instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several known variables in situations of a routine nature.
- Valid Driver's license
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
- High School Diploma, GED, Trade, Technical, or Vocational school
- Related experience
- EPA 608 - Minimum Type II, or CPO, or local city required certificate
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may need to travel from floor to floor, climb stairs, and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to remain in a stationary position (sit or stand) for 85% of the time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery and regularly required to walk, talk, and hear. The employee must demonstrate the ability to exert up to 50 pounds occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds frequently, and/or up to 50 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.