Maintenance Supervisor, Multifamily (Affordable)
Job Description Summary
The Maintenance Supervisor provides maintenance support and is accountable for delivering on our commitments to our residents. This includes quality move-in, resident satisfaction, quality and timely service and personal attention to our residents. The Maintenance Supervisor responds to our resident's service request and is instrumental in helping Cushman and Wakefield deliver superior customer service to our residents.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Prepares all market-ready apartments, which may include painting, carpet cleaning/repair, general repairs, and housekeeping to ensure a quality product to our residents.
- Completes resident service request in a timely manner.
- Has knowledge of various maintenance functions including and not limited to plumbing, pool maintenance, air conditioning, heating, general carpentry skills, appliance, electrical, painting, caulking, snow removal, scheduling, and life safety issues.
- Maintains grounds, pools/ hot tubs, common areas, and dog parks to keep them clean, free of trash, debris, and other safety issues.
- Performs on-call emergency procedures as required.
- Reports any maintenance issues that affect the budget such as life safety, vacant repairs, property damages, and common area needs to the manager.
- Schedules and performs preventative maintenance and records such activities.
- Is knowledgeable of state, local, and federal housing laws, codes, policies, and systems regarding maintenance.
- Attends and participates in training programs as required by Cushman & Wakefield and local city and state jurisdictions.
- Provide superior customer service and represents the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Must be able to work any shift Sunday-Saturday to support the company's business needs.
- Knowledge of safe use of cleaning agents and equipment used to perform job duties
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to prepare and interpret bar graphs.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.
- CPO if required by city or state.
- EPA 608 - Minimum of Type II
- Follow all Cushman & Wakefield safety policies and procedures
- High School Diploma, GED, Trade, Technical, or Vocational school
- 3+ years of related experience
- EPA 608 - Minimum Type II, or CPO, or local city required certificate
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may need to travel from floor to floor, climb stairs, and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to remain in a stationary position (sit or stand) for 85% of the time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery and regularly required to walk, talk, and hear. The employee must be able to travel up to 10 % of the time. Travel may vary in frequency and duration. The employee must demonstrate the ability to exert up to 100 pounds occasionally, and/or up to 100 pounds frequently, and/or up to 100 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.