Local 94 Apprentice engineer (Summer helper)
Job Description Summary
Responsible to perform non-technical general building maintenance and repair duties, light maintenance activities, custodial duties and minor repairs.
- Perform general building maintenance under close supervision
- Perform custodial duties, grounds, maintenance, and minor maintenance and repair work
- Perform general labor work as assigned by the engineers, including loading, unloading, and moving materials and running errands for projects
- Replace and repair door hardware, locks, and keys
- Perform interior and exterior painting to include; experience with all types of paint, matching paint type to proper application, surface preparation, including wood, metal and drywall, and minor repair work in wood, metal, and drywall
- Replace light bulbs/lamps/ballasts and cleaning fixtures
- Move furniture, modular system break down and set up
- Perform vacancy clean up and organization
- Respond quickly to emergency situations and customer service requests as assigned
- Police landscaping, sidewalks, common area, and parking facilities
- Perform snow removal/leaf sweeping as needed
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and company directives as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
- Ability to use technology such as; smart phones, tablets, computers, web-based applications, building automation systems, etc.
- Complete all required C&W Safety Training as scheduled annually.
- Comply with C&W Uniform Dress Code while working and maintain a neat and clean appearance while on the property at times other than working hours.
Cushman & Wakefield also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health, vision, and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life, and disability insurance programs, and paid and unpaid time away from work. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, Cushman and Wakefield provide eligible employees with competitive pay, which may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, total hours worked, job type, business line, and applicability of collective bargaining agreements.The compensation that will be offered to the successful candidate will depend on factors such as whether the position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement, the geographic area in which the work will be performed, market pay rates in that area, and the candidate's experience and qualifications.The company will not pay less than minimum wage for this role.The compensation for the position is: $15.00 - $26.38Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.