Maintenance Tech - Apprentice
Job Description Summary
The Mechatronics Junior Apprentice (MJA) will learn to perform the job of a Mechatronics Junior Technician to install, alter, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain electronic, mechanical, computer, control systems and components in a complex fulfillment/distribution center through the completion of a comprehensive classroom, laboratory, and on-the-job learning program. The apprentice will also train in and adhere to all health and safety policies and procedures.
Participants must be able attend a 12-week training at one of five colleges: Vincennes University (Vincennes, IN), Lehigh Carbon Community College (Allentown, PA), Wake Technical College (Raleigh, NC), Ogeechee Technical College (Statesboro, GA), or Dallas College - Eastfield Campus (Dallas, TX). Travel related expenses, including room and board, while during the training will be provided.
Participants will receive a fixed hourly rate for training, after successful completion of the Apprenticeship Program the Apprentice will receive a promotion to a Mechatronics Junior Technician position at an increased fixed rate.
- Follow work processes closely at school and on the shop floor to ensure a safe environment while job shadowing with technical advisor in On the Job Learning (OJL)
- Communicate and work well within a team environment both in school and in OJL
- Work with technical documentation
- Work with a computer both in school and on the shop floor
- Work with material transfer conveyors
- Understand, identify, locate malfunctions, remove, replace, adjust, and return to service
- Learn PLCs and work with Automation Engineers in a laboratory environment
- Combine electronic, mechanical, computer and control skills at the workplace
- Work with complex high-performance manufacturing systems
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and repair systems to maintain process efficiency
- Analyzes technical specifications of mechatronic systems, subsystems, modules and components
- Perform scheduled, predictive, and preventive maintenance to detect and prevent problems
- Troubleshoot to identify and prevent possible problems and failures and make repairs
- Incorporate relevant technical literature into the understanding of system operation and coordinate efforts with other technicians involved in installing or maintaining equipment or components
- Install, repair, adjust, and test equipment and components to ensure that systems function properly
- Communicate with machine operators and operate equipment to detect equipment problems, analyze malfunctions, and verify system problems
- Observe and incorporate safety standards and regulations required for safe operation of the system
- Work any shift
- Perform all physical duties of a skilled labor associate (i. e. heavy lifting, prolonged standing, bending, twisting, and reaching)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Open to the possibility of relocation after completion of the 15-month program
- Able enroll in and attend a 12-week training at one of five colleges: Vincennes University (Vincennes, IN), Lehigh Carbon Community College (Allentown, PA), Wake Technical College (Raleigh, NC), Ogeechee Technical College (Statesboro, GA), or Dallas College - Eastfield Campus (Dallas, TX)
- Must meet the minimum qualifying score on a Mechanical Aptitude Test
- High school or equivalent diploma
- Experience in an electrical, mechanical, or controls field
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.