Groundskeeper, Multifamily (Affordable)
Job Description Summary
As a Groundskeeper you play a key role in making our apartment communities a great place to live! The Groundskeeper is a member of the Maintenance staff working directly with the Maintenance Supervisor and the office staff to provide world class service to our residents. The Groundskeeper is a "hands on" professional whose goal is to make sure everything is working right every day.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for the overall upkeep of the property landscape and the exterior image which includes cleaning of the driveways, parking lots, curbs, dumpster areas, exterior hallways, or any other public areas; maintenance of property flowerbeds, plants, and grass areas; snow removal; and pool cleaning or routine pool maintenance.
- Responsible for providing world class customer service by addressing the concerns and maintenance needs of our residents in a friendly and professional manner.
- The Grounds Keeper may be called upon to the Maintenance staff on other projects as needed.
- The Grounds Keeper may be required to perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Dresses per Cushman and Wakefield uniform and professional appearance standards.
- Maintains all safety procedures and safeguards all company tools and equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be willing to work evenings or weekends (on call) in the case of an emergency.
- Be able to take direction in English or Spanish
- Be professional and courteous
- Effective listener and team player
- Be on time and follow the company's policy and procedures
- Practice the necessary safety protocols and procedures
- Understand written or verbal instructions from the designated supervisor
- High School Diploma, GED, Trade, Technical, or Vocational school required
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may need to travel from floor to floor, climb stairs, and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to remain in a stationary position (sit or stand) for 85% of the time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery and regularly required to walk, talk, and hear. The employee must be able to travel up to 10% of the time. Travel may vary in frequency and duration. The employee must demonstrate the ability to exert up to 50 pounds occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds frequently, and/or up to 50 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HRServices@cushwake.com or HRServices@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.